Monday, August 17, 2009

Guadalarjara del Centro - Houston, TX


Guadalajara is a Houston local chain. 

Grilled Shrimp Taco and Corona Battered Fried Fish Taco served with Creamy Cilantro Dressing, Fiesta Rice, and Mango Pico de Gallo. The waiter offered a number of suggestions but this entree tickled my fancy at the moment.

The tacos came finger burning hot. One taste of the fish taco with a great light crunchy tasty hot fish offset by the cool mango pico de gallo meant that I would have to endure first degree burns to the fingers. The tacos were a handful with filling spilling out every bite. The taco shell if that's the proper term was a flat bread, not your usual Taco Bell atrocity.

By the time I finished the fish taco, the shrimp taco had cooled down to a temperature that could be easily held. The shrimp taco didn't have the magic of the fish taco. Part of it was just the shrimp itself and the other part was that I was filling up fast. I ate only one taco and I'm near full? What's wrong with me?

The service was excellent. The host and waiter were efficient, friendly, attentive, and helpful. Many if not most other restaurants could learn a few things about customer service from these folks.

Not living in the South where opportunities abound for great Mexican food, I can't say if Guadalajara serves estupendo food but comparing it to what's available locally, a chain like Guadalajara would be a welcome addition.

Guadalajara del Centro
1201 San Jacinto
Houston, TX

Guadalajara Del Centro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment