Monday, October 3, 2011

Downtown Deli - Phoenix, AZ


Lunch 9/27/11

At noon time, the queue snaked back and forth four deep.  Still the line moved fast as they preparers are seasoned and efficient at what they do. This is a place that the locals, namely the area business people seem to know and love. I certainly do.

New Yorker ($8.49) - Pastrami or Corned Beef topped with creamy Cole Slaw and Russian Dressing.  I didn't specify nor was I asked which I wanted so the preparer defaulted to corned beef. This has to be one of the finest corn beef sandwiches I ever had. The corned beef was perfectly marbled and melted in the mouth, shaved thin enough to see through or so it seemed  I ask why this grade of corned beef is unavailable at the local grocer.  In my estimation, the coleslaw while adding extra moistness to the sandwich detracted from the smokey flavors of the corned beef.  More corn beef and less coleslaw please.  Nonetheless, I'm not complaining. This was a small slice of heaven. The fries were crispy and perfectly seasoned. I could eat like this all the time although my doctor would have  a heart attack...


130 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85004
(602) 258-3069

Downtown Deli on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment