Saturday, October 8, 2011

Yasda Bento - Phoenix, AZ


Lunch 9/28/11


Udon Noodle with Chicken in a special broth and a side dish of rice. I anticipated a much larger bowl chockful of noodles but instead got a medium sized bowl. The grill chicken was out of this world good.  The noodles were flavorful and had a good mouth feel but all too soon I had to fish around in the broth to get find a strand of noodle.  The broth was fantastically flavorful.  I wasn't sure how I was supposed to eat this in the combination with the rice so I dumped some broth into the rice bowl and started paddling away.  My only complaint about this dish was the meager portion.


Lunch 9/30/11


Kobe Beef.  At about $8, there was no way this could be authentic Kobe beef and visually it was immediately confirmed it wasn't. Still the beef was tender and flavorful even if the teriyaki sauce was a bit cloying.  The slightly bitter broccoli helped offset the sweetness. Yet another worthwhile entree on their menu.

Open for lunch only.
18 West Adams Street
Phoenix, AZ 85003-2025
(602) 254-7174

Yasda Bento on Urbanspoon

Japan Flag 

No comments:

Post a Comment