Saturday, August 11, 2012

Parthenon Gyros - Madison, WI



The first gyro I had was at Parthenon back in the college days and almost every time I visited Madison, I stopped here.


A look at the Roof Garden.



The meat was more "lamby", less flavorful, drier, and shaved thinner than I recalled.  The lamb was topped with a generous dollop of tatziki giving the whole moistness. The onion had less bite than usual and the tomatoes were grocery store ripe. It had been more than 8 years since I last stopped in and the gyro just wasn't as good as all the other times but nonetheless it still ranked fairly high on the list of gyros I've had stateside. There's no doubt now the gyro I had in Greece was better.


Bathroom Rating: 7.1

316 State Street
Madison, WI 53703
(608) 251-6311

Parthenon Gyros Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment