Sunday, January 27, 2013

QQ Asian Buffet - Madison, WI

CLOSED 2013



QQ Asian Buffet is located at the Northgate Shopping Center in an older rundown and less inviting area of the city.  QQ's decor is stuck in time appearing to date back to the 70s or so.  The booth seats cushions have flattened and are sunk so low that the table was at mid chest level requiring me to sit with the best posture possible.  The carpeting is worn and stained.





Like most other Chinese buffets, QQ offers a few unique items that sets it apart from its competition. For me the best item was the mystery seafood mix/paste on seashell (at 10 o'clock position).  I don't recall exactly what it was but it was good enough for me to get seconds and thirds.  Somehow I get the feeling they recycle these shells... The other items like the usual General Tsao chicken, sauteed mushrooms, sesame chicken, etc. were  comparable to the competition.

Restroom Rating: 7.0. Given the age of the building, the restroom was in better shape than I anticipated.  That I was the first customer to use it for the day (I was fumbling around looking for the light switch) probably helped my perception of cleanliness.

1291 North Sherman Avenue
Madison, WI 53704
(608) 819-8448

QQ Asian Buffet on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment