Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Burger's Priest - Toronto, ON


Burger's Priest comes with a lot of accolades and hype.  With most restaurants I have encountered, the reality hasn't matched the hype. And so my journey began with the thought in the back of my mind if I would be batting zero.  On a first swing through Burger's Priest was still closed, opening the door at 11:30 AM.  I returned for a night burger and the tiny interior was jammed with customers. Is Burger's Priest a tourist trap much as Pat's King of Steak's in Philadelphia?



The Priest

The burgers are cooked fresh griddle smashed before you.  It took a few minutes to through the earlier customer orders.  When my order was called, I grabbed it disappointed in the lack of heft.  I paid $10 for a this tiny burger? But two bites into The Priest and I was a true believer.


  • Bun: Soft bun. A little too soft and easily falling apart.
  • Toppings:  Deep fried Portabello mushroom, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, mayo, mustard, catsup, pickles. The deep fried portabello mushroom offered a crispy contrast and beefy moistness.  A moment after ordering I rued ordering mayo,  mustard, and ketchup, believing it would be too tart and overpowering but the amount they slathered on was perfect.  
  • Cheese: American. Wonderful gooey mess.
  • Meat: Fresh ground beef.  Soft, crumbled too easily in the mouth, leaning toward the fluffy airy side, breaking apart easily, lacking some substance.
  • Price:  $10
  • Burger Rating: 9.1


For once, the hype and the reality matched.  My complaints:  The price and size.

1636 Queen Street East Toronto
ON M4L 1G3, Canada
+1 647-346-0617

The Burger's Priest on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment