Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Jimmie Kramer's Peanut Bar - Reading, PA



Jimmie Kramer's was featured on a segment of  Travel Channel's Food Paradise.  No particular menu item was featured but the segment revolved around the history and the free peanuts.  That left me asking the waiter what the specialties were.  One item he suggested was the crabcake, which I already had in mind to order.



Broiled Maryland Lump Crabcakes. Many restaurants in the area offer crab cakes unlike restaurants in my neck of the woods. Of all the area restaurants I've ordered crab cakes, Kramer's offers the best. I suppose at $24, it should be notably better than the competition.  The crab was fresher, less stringy, denser, bigger chunks, and has less of a canned artificial taste.

The service was decent but slow and less than promptly attentive.

Restroom Rating:  Didn't use.

332 Penn St 
Reading, PA 19602
(610) 376-8500

Kramer's Peanut Bar & Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment