Friday, May 10, 2013

Columbia Restaurant Cafe - Tampa International Airport TPA



Columbia is a nice change of pace from the usual airport food. Even though it was early morning and the airport none too crowded, the glass walls provided a respite from the crowd.




Eggs Malaguena comprises chorizo, green peppers, onions, tomato sauce, with an egg on top.  It arrived scorching hot.  I had ordered this primarily as this was a signature dish as well as because I was in the mood for chorizo.  I was disappointed there were only three small chunks of chorizo and it was missing a spicy wake up morning kick.  The onions, green peppers, and tomato sauce dominated.  If I had been blindfolded I would have thought I was eating an Italian dish.  The egg I would have preferred with a runny yolk but I suppose for food safety reasons, they must serve it with the yolk well cooked.

Overall, I wasn't thrilled with the meal. The food was expensive for the quality and quantity.

The waitress was very pleasant, attentive, and nonintrusive. She was a pro that knew how to read her customers and serve them as they wanted to be served.


Columbia Restaurant Cafe Tampa International Airport on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment