Saturday, June 8, 2013

Carroll Ann Bake Shop - Boston, MA



Carroll Ann Bake Shop knows how to assemble beautiful baked goods and display them to sell.  But that's the best I can say.


It was a tempting choice between the Boston Creme Pie or the Red Velvet Cake and you can see which won.  In Boston, I had to try to Boston Creme Pie.


Despite what appears to be an overflow of creme, there was very little.  The cake to creme ratio leaned  so heavily on the cake it could have been aptly name just Boston Pie.  That wouldn't be so bad if the cake was not so dense, heavy, and dry.  The chocolate frosting in itself was cloying but in conjunction with the otherwise bland cake balanced out.

When I paid $4.75 for this approximate 4 in diameter pie, I felt like I was being ripped off.  After one bite, I knew I was ripped off.


Carroll Ann Bake Shop on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment