Thursday, August 29, 2013

Grindhouse Killer Burgers - Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport ATL



Grindhouse, the restaurants within the city, has a reputation of serving one of the best burgers in Atlanta. Grindhouse in Concourse D opens at 6 AM but doesn't offer burgers until 10:30 AM.  My flight was scheduled for a half hour later...in another Concourse.  Is any burger worth a missed flight?


I don't know because I only stuck around long enough to get their morning breakfast sandwich consisting of essentially egg and a burger bun.  And if that was their burger bun, then the burgers are on the small side.


I ordered the sandwich with New Mexico green chilies.  The cashier asked me if I wanted cheese, onions, an order of potatoes, etc, almost as if sale of these extras meant commission. 

It took about 5 minutes before it was ready.  I was expecting the chilies to be cooked separate and plopped on top of the eggs, not incorporated in. The sandwich was hot, and the bun soft.  If it weren't for the chilies, the sandwich would have been bland.  The eggs were hot, fresh, and properly cooked, not overdone.  Actually it was one of the better breakfasts I've had at an airport.

I was favorably impressed with the output, making me wonder how their burgers would taste.

Grindhouse Killer Burgers on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment