Sunday, September 15, 2013

Tin Shed Garden Cafe - Portland, OR



Two thing at the Tin Shed Garden made an immediate impact on me.  1) On the patio, dogs sat under the tables.  2) The staff are the most friendly, respectful, and accommodating restaurant staff I have come across in my experience albeit limited at Portland restaurants.



Happy hour is an opportunity to munch on small plate items at a discount. While the Sliders called my name, Tacos de Pescado comprising Latin spiced salmon, sautéed peppers, onions, Shed chipotle sauce, cabbage, and salsa fresca won the healthy call.  The corn tortillas were typical with the slightly stale starchy taste. The salsa and the other toppings didn't distinguish themselves but the chopped salmon was absolutely spectacular, perfectly seasoned, savory, with more than a hint of sweet spiciness, and without the typical rough dry texture.  It was the first time I've had cooked salmon that I truly enjoyed.  Just give me the salmon and keep the rest. Give me the salmon recipe so I can make this at home!

Restroom Rating: 7.3 Well kept and maintained, shows care but the floor needs refinishing.

Fiji Flag

Tin Shed Garden Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment