Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Country Cat - Portland, OR


I wasn't aware that Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives had filmed here in Spring 2013.  One of the chefs we talked to said the crowds here skyrocketed following the broadcast but have come down to a more manageable level since.
Country Cat closed down for 3 days of filming with a final edited feature lasting 13 minutes.


Compliments of one of the chefs.  The Country Cat Onion rings were good but taken to the next level with the homemade ketchup.


The chef preparing our entrees.  Sitting at the chef's counter has always been rewarding, entertaining, and educational.  This was no different.


Pan Seared Steelhead on a Smoky Bacon & Early Autumn Vegetable Hash with Sauce Romesco.  I'm not much of a fan of cooked salmon preferring raw like seals but Country Cat's cooked preparation is about as good as I can imagine for a chunk of salmon.  I actually liked the vegetables, bacon, and sauce more than the salmon.  I chose the salmon only because I was attempting to eat healthier this evening.  If I hadn't been eating so unhealthy, I would have ordered the Skillet Fried Chicken.


The absolute best root beer I have ever had.  Nothing else I've had has even been a close second.

Restroom Rating: 8.5  One of the cleanest and well maintained restaurant restrooms. 

The Country Cat on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment