Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Federal Donuts - Philadelphia, PA



Featured on Unique Eats.

I didn't expect Federal Donuts to be located in the middle of a quiet residential neighborhood, and I was having serious doubts that the GPS was functioning properly.

It's a dive with counter space for 4 or 5. The inside is smaller than the outside would lead you to believe. My order was takeout.


Half Chicken Order with Za'atar seasoning. The chicken was moist and flavorful and the skin was paper thin and crispy. It was mildly spicy with an earthy middle eastern flavors and different enough from the typical fried chicken but it was not at the OMG spread the gospel level. It didn't live up to the hype or my built up expectations but undoubtedly if a Federal Donuts was in my neighborhood, I'd stop in for a monthly fix.

The cake doughnut which comes gratis(?) with the order was moist, sodden with some liquid (grease? although it didn't taste greasy) and had a hint of mild citrusy maple flavor. I usually don't like cake donuts but I did like this one.

A couple three Japanese pickles were also included. No doubt they had Asian flavors although I couldn't pinpoint the ingredients giving it the flavors.


Federal Donuts on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment