Sunday, December 29, 2013

Mother's Restaurant - New Orleans, LA



At lunch time, the queue extended down half the block of this foodie destination. Numerous photographs of famous Hollywood celebrity photographs who have dined here line the wall. Of course the centerpiece photograph is that of Adam Man vs. Food Richman. It's also been featured on The Best Thing I Ever Ate and Food Paradise.

At night time, an outdoor queue was non-existent but was still present indoors.


Famous Ferdi Special comprises roast beef, debris, gravy and Mother's baked ham.  To be candid, I don't know what makes this so famous or special.  It was an average Po-Boy that I believe can be easily replicated at other eateries. The roast beef was a little more moist and tender than usual. The ham was tender but bland. The gravy assuming what was on it was gravy was more an au jus rather than a thick carb loaded gravy that I expected. The bread was typical of the bread used in New Orleans Po-Boys and on the porous side.

The Jambalaya was average, with a tomato taste dominating.  It was very similar to what I've made in the past and reassured me that at least I've made jambalaya somewhat correctly.

Restroom Rating:  Didn't use.


Mother's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment