Thursday, May 22, 2014

La Rica Salsa - Vancouver, WA

CLOSED JUNE 2014


La Rica Salsa is a relatively new restaurant, not necessarily the easiest to find, situated in strip mall across from Walmart.

They're open some long hours.


Pupusa Chicharron Con Loroco with pork, cheese, and loroco.  I'm a sucker for pupusas and I'm always looking for a good one.

This one was made after the order, taking about 10 minutes to arrive.  It was extremely hot and made by someone experienced. The tortilla was crisp on the exterior and soft inside.  It was fairly thin as it should be. The stuffing was a little less flavorful and seasoned than I anticipated. The stuffing was also on the light side. In retrospect, all pupusas I've had previously before had beans in them and I should have ordered one with beans. I've never had loroco before and if it was there, it was very subtle non-distinct taste. The curtido was a welcome tart contrast to the tortilla.  Overall very decent and I would welcome the opportunity to try their other variations.

Restroom Rating:  Did not use.

In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me? Psalm 56:4

La Rica Salsa on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment