Saturday, June 28, 2014

The Tamale Place - Indianapolis, IN



Featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.

Being that Indy isn't tourist central, I'll assume the long line comprised mostly locals and also included a number of Hispanic folks.  I take that to be a sign of good Mexican food.


Chipotle Chicken Tamale. This was by far the best tamale I've had.  Too often the tamale has too much masa and not enough filling but this one was stuffed with bite size chunks of spicy chicken.  Too often the tamale is bland but this one was stuffed with flavor.


A menu that's long and confusing for the uninitiated. A brief lull in the long lines. The line does move quick.


Fish Taco. Steak Taco.  Both were tremendous and again some of the best tacos I've had.  Fresh, flavorful, meaty, and loaded with content.  The tacos didn't need the salsas or sauces. I have to say that this is one of the better eateries showcased on Triple D that I've been to. Guy Fieri got one right.  The Tamale Place is an eatery I want in my neighborhood.

Restroom Rating:  Did not use

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

The Tamale Place on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment