Thursday, May 22, 2014

Mama Leo's - Portland, OR


Customer traffic was essentially nonexistent during lunch today.  Is it the location? Is it the lack of advertising? It certainly wasn't due to the lack of service, our host/waitress being most charming and accommodating.


Arepa con Carne. Chicken in the background. Lengua in front.  Arepas are Venezuelan flatbread or corn cakes  which are then split open and made into sandwiches with various fillings.  The arepas were wonderful little sandwiches with the arepa offering a nice contrast to filling. The lengua was on the mild side whereas I expected a bigger kick. Being the first Venezuelan food I've had, I can't say there was any particularly distinct taste that screamed "Oh, so that's what Venezuelan food tastes like". I only wished the portion sizes were bigger.

I would certainly visit Mama Leo's again and order this or some of their other offerings.

Restroom Rating: Didn't use.

[The Lord says] "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10


Mama Leo's Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment