Sunday, July 20, 2014

Paesano's Philly Style - Philadelphia, PA


Featured on Unique Eats and The Layover.

Philly is blessed with many sandwich shops and near the top if not at the top of the list of many is Paesano's.  Is it any wonder with places like Paesano's that Philly is America's Best Sandwich City?


The Paesano comprises beef brisket, horseradish mayo, roasted tomatoes, pepperoncino, sharp provolone & fried egg. The beef brisket is tender and moist unlike most other brisket. The horseradish mayo adds a nice pungent creamy textural contrast to the rough textured brisket. I really didn't taste much of the egg.  This is Paesano's version of the Philly Cheesesteak.


The Arista comprises whole roasted suckling pig, broccoli rabe, Italian long hots & sharp provolone.  Some of those long hots are really hot.  I love the combination of broccoli rabe and sharp provolone. The pulled pork is tender and mild.  This is Paesano's version of the Roast Pork Sandwich.

Both the Paesano and Arista are very good sandwiches and if forced to choose only one, both are equally good but are different enough that it's like being asked to pick a favorite child. Impossible. In all candor as I said they were very good sandwiches but they weren't at the the OMG level, at least not for me. That's not say I wouldn't be ecstatic if Paesano's were in my neck of the woods. I would be and I would be a regular customer for sure. It's just that Paesano's didn't open the floodgates for me.

Restroom Rating:  No public restroom.

If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

Paesano's on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment