Rogue Ales is certainly popular with the travelers, whether it was because it is one of limited number of eateries at PDX or because it's a stop in for craft beer.
I stopped in looking for something a little more local.
Kobe Cheeseburger. I didn't ask for it to prepared any particular way so it arrived well done. The texture was a little softer, a little grainier. In a blind taste test, I don't think I would have been able to discern it was Kobe.
- Bun: Onion Roll. Proper ratio.
- Toppings: Wasabi mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, onion
- Cheese: Oregon Bleu. This was the dominant flavor.
- Meat: 1/2 lb Snake River Farms hormone-free Kobe beef rated twice USDA prime.
- Price: $13.50. Up there in price but not so if you consider it is Kobe beef
- Rating: 8.7. The burger didn't distinguish itself. Bland. If this was truly Kobe, I will stick with more traditional chuck for a burger and save on the cash.